Sharing your referral URL with your friends and colleagues is a great way to help them with their research by giving them free credit to use on Prolific studies!
How do I refer?
You can find your referral URL here. It will be visible only after you've topped up your account at least once.
If you register on Prolific using a friend's / colleague's referral URL and top up your account by at least £80 / $100* for the first time, we will credit your account.
You (the referred) will receive a bonus of £240 / $300 in addition to your top-up!*
You can use this credit to pay any study fees, including representative sample costs and bonus payments.
Please note that taking advantage of this offer results in your original top up amount up to £80 / $100 being non-refundable.
After signing up with a referral code, the new researcher must top up within 30 days in order to receive the bonus credit. If this period expires the recipient will not receive the referral credit.
To earn the referral credit, you must use the referral URL and the top up must be a value of at least £80 / $100*. The first top up on the account does not have to be of this value, as long as an eligible top up is made within the 30-day period.
Please follow our best practice guidelines when promoting the referrals scheme:
- Don't conceal the fact that you are using a referral link
- Don't be spammy in promoting your link
- You should not send your link to anyone who has not confirmed to you in advance that they would be happy to receive it
- Don't make any false claims or do anything that might bring Prolific into disrepute
Please feel free to be innovative and creative, but stay within the guidelines above. If you are in doubt as to whether something is acceptable, please contact us via the button below.
*Referral bonuses and top up amounts may differ from those described above, as we occasionally run experiments and different referral offers. Please check your own referrals page for accurate details.
Referral terms and conditions
- The referral bonus must be claimed by topping up within 30 days of signing up. Top ups after this period will not be eligible for the referral bonus.
- The referral bonus is only rewarded on the first eligible top up after sign-up.
- Referral bonuses for new researchers can be spent on any study type including representative samples.
- There is no limit to the number of people that you can refer.
- Top ups from credit / debit cards that have been used on another researcher account are not eligible for the referral bonus. The top up will be successful, but no bonus credit will be added to the account.
- If a researcher requests a refund on an account with an unspent referral bonus the bonus will not be included in the refund.
- Taking advantage of this offer results in your original top up amount being non-refundable, up to £80 / $100.
- The referral bonus can only be used on the researcher's account that it is originally credited to and cannot be transferred to another researcher's account.
- Self-referrals (i.e. signing yourself up for multiple researcher accounts using different email addresses) will not be eligible to receive the bonuses. If we have reason to suspect that this is occurring we reserve the right to withhold any referral bonuses earned.
- Referrals made from a shared lab account to the personal account of an individual member of that lab will not be eligible to receive the bonus.
- Prolific can change the referral bonus, for referrers and recipients, and eligibility period at any time, without notice.
Check out our Referral FAQs article for more information.