Under certain circumstances, instead of rejecting a submission, you should award a partial payment to participants for the time spent on your study.
Participants deserve partial compensation, for example, if they completed some of your study, but then a technical error occurred from the researcher's side and they couldn't finish it.
How to make a partial payment
- To initiate partial compensation, please ask the participant to return their submission and inform them that you'll send them a partial payment. If you do not hear back from the participant within 5 days, you can contact us with the relevant IDs so we can return the submissions for you
- Then use the bonus payments feature to make the partial payments.
- Partial payments cannot be used for performance based rewards. If you want to run a study that has variable payments based on performance please use bonus payments as well as approving the base submission.
- The partial payment amount should be at least equivalent to our minimum reward per hour guidance (£5.00/$6.50 per hour)
- Partial payments can be paid to all submission statuses