On Prolific, you have the option to enter prescreening criteria to filter the participants you need.
Here are a few examples of the several hundred demographic criteria you can currently filter by:
- Country of Birth
- Current country of residence
- Within the United States: Current US state of residence and US state of birth
- First Language
- Employment status & domain
- Student status & field of study
- Political affiliation
- Religious affiliation
- Sexual orientation
- Marital status
- Socioeconomic status
- Participants' approval rate (how well did participants do in past studies?)
To check how many eligible participants we have for each criteria, you can do so by creating a study and going to the "Audience" section. From there, you can select for the demographics you need by clicking "I want to apply custom prescreening".
When you apply one or more prescreening filters to your study, our system will tell you the number of participants meeting your criteria.
Below, I'm selecting for US and UK Nationals. You can see there are 48,761 eligible participants meeting this criteria (third image), from our overall pool of 80,624 (first image; numbers accurate as of Dec 2019).