You can preview your study by navigating to the bottom of the study creation form and clicking "Preview".
- You’ll be able to see your study exactly as it will appear to participants.
- If you are recording participant IDs automatically through URL parameters, you can test this is working correctly. The PROLIFIC_PID parameter will be replaced with a 24-character ID in your preview Study URL
- If you are redirecting participants to a Completion URL at the end of your study, and this is working correctly, then you should receive a message like this when finishing your preview:
Note: "TEMPLATE" will be replaced with your study's completion code.
- Sign up for a participant account (with an email that is different from your researcher email). Make the study available only for yourself.
- You will need to verify your participant email address and phone number to access your study.
- Once you have taken part in your own study you’ll need to return the submission, so you don't have to pay for it. (In the review section of the researcher dashboard, your participant submission will be labelled as "Returned".)
- You can duplicate this study, making any necessary changes before you run your pilot study, followed by your main study once fully tested.
- Please note that if you cannot see the study in your dashboard, it may mean that your participant account is on hold due automated account checks. You’d need to contact us to resolve this issue.