- How much does it cost?
- What is your Service Fee?
- What if I don't yet have an account?
- How do I top-up?
On Prolific, we endorse the principle of 'ethical rewards'. We believe fair pay leads to better data quality. We therefore recommend you pay participants at least £7.50/$9.60 per hour, while the minimum pay allowed is £5.00/$6.50 per hour.
How much does it cost?
To find out exactly what your study costs:
- Login to your account
- Go to step 1 in your dashboard and enter:
a) how many participants you want to recruit
b) how much you want to pay each participant
- The system will give you a quote based on these parameters, which includes our service charge and any VAT if applicable.
What is your Service Fee?
- We add a 33.33% service fee on top of the total participant cost
- This service charge is used to provide all of the services that keep the Prolific platform running, like software development, hosting, customer support, and payments processing
What if I don't yet have an account?
- If you don't have an account yet, try our handy online calculator on our Pricing page.
How do I top-up?
- You must fund your studies up-front by topping up your account in advance of running the studies
- We then manage the payments to your participants
- The quickest way to top up your account is by making a card payment, which is very easy and instant
- It can take a few days for bank transfers to be reflected on your account balance, due to our internal checks
- Unfortunately, we can't accept payments by cheque
- Some banks/card providers may impose additional charges for international transfers
- Please get in touch with your bank if you would like further information related to transfer fees