Downloading the prescreening demographic information
You can export the prescreening demographic data for your Prolific study from the submissions page. Click on 'Download demographic data':
Please note that this is the only demographic data Prolific holds for your study, as we do not have access to data collected in your external study software
- You'll need to match the data set you get from Prolific (which contains the above prescreening information) with the data set from your survey / experimental software – it won't be automatically integrated. See matching data between Prolific and your external study software for more information.
- The time that shows on the export file will be in GMT, but the time that shows against your submissions on your study submissions page will be in your local time.
- You are guaranteed to get the prescreening data of filters that you apply to your study
- For prescreening filters that you don't apply to your study but are included in our default list below, there might be gaps in the prescreening data because it is optional for participants to provide this information. If you want this data without gaps please add it as a screener with all options selected.
The demographic data export is a snapshot of the participants' prescreening responses at the time that they took your study*
- If you can see inconsistencies in your data export with respect to the prescreening criteria you applied, please report these to our Support Team using the button at the bottom of this article so that we can investigate further.
- Demographic data for returned submissions will not appear in your data export, and will instead be marked with 'CONSENT REVOKED'. However, if you manually approve a returned submission, this demographic data will then appear in your export as normal.
- *Please note any studies run before mid-August 2022 will contain the participants prescreening responses at the time of export rather than at the time that they took your study
What demographic data is available on the download?
In addition to the responses to all prescreeners applied to the study, you'll also have access to the following data:
- Session id
- Participant id
- Submission status
- Started date-time (in GMT)
- Completed date-time (in GMT)
- Time taken
- First language
- Current country of residence
- Country of birth
- Student status
- Employment status
- Reviewed at date-time (in GMT)
- Completion code ('entered code')
Please note that we’re unable to provide participant demographics in retrospect. If you want to receive participants’ answers to a certain prescreener, you’ll need to apply this prescreener to your study prior to launch. If a demographic variable is crucial to your study but you don’t want to prescreen for it, we recommend adding it as a question within your survey.