There are a few reasons why you might be unable to log in. This article has password reset instructions and some troubleshooting solutions to help you get back into your account.
The first thing to do is try a password reset. Use these steps to reset your Prolific password and log back into your Prolific account:
- Visit the login page
- Enter the email address you signed up with and click 'Send reset instructions'
- Follow the steps provided on the password reset email
- Once logged in, head to your Account Page and scroll down to Security -> Password to update your password
Please wait 10 minutes to use your new password as our system might not recognise it straight away.
I didn't receive a password reset email
- Check your junk / spam inbox, or search for firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox
- If you use capital letters in your email address, try each variation of this as our login system is case-sensitive, i.e.:
- If you're still having trouble, contact our Support Team using the button at the bottom of this article.
I've lost access to the email address on my account
Please contact our Support Team using the button at the bottom of this article and we'll be happy to help!
Troubleshooting login issues
If resetting your password didn't work we recommend trying the suggestions below:
If you experience issues, please try upgrading or changing your browser and trying again.
Malware can have all sorts of negative effects on your PC, including not being able to pass reCAPTCHA. For this reason, we recommend running some anti-malware software to identify any potential issues that might be stopping you from accessing Prolific.
You can also check your time and date settings are correct by visiting https://time.is where you should see the message 'Your time is exact!'