What to cover in your study description!
If you haven't already, please read our guide to setting up an interview study before working through this checklist.
- How many stages there are and what do people need to do
- Which site(s) will participants be directed to
- Confirm that personal data will not be collected and stored, and inform how video recordings will be used and stored / discarded
- How you will ensure the study is safe and respectful of all participants
- How you are obtaining consent and how this can be withdrawn at any time
- Whether any particular behaviour or actions are not permitted
- Whether payment will be in the usual way via submission approval, or a bonus payment
- Whether submission approval (payment) is dependent on video being turned on as well as microphone
- That payment includes the time signing up and how much time is allocated to that
- That submission approval (payment) is dependent on attendance at the interview or focus group
- e.g. mobile phone cannot be used or browser requirement
- Any downloads needed and should anything be tested beforehand? If so, will any time be allowed for this?
Completing the study
- How participants should let you know their Prolific ID before exiting
- How participants will get the completion code
- How participants will be debriefed - will participants be directed to some information at the end of the call, or will this be done within the call?