Our "Custom Allowlist" prescreening feature can be utilised if you wish to include specific participants in your study, and if you have already collected their Prolific ID's. You can also amend your allowlist while your study is running.
This feature can be helpful in a number of scenarios:
- You are running a multi-part/longitudinal study
- You wish to include only participants who completed the previous studies in a series.
- If you experienced issues with a previous study
- You may wish to give participants who were unable to complete the previous study an opportunity to take part in a duplicate study, once the issues have been resolved.
In order to action an allowlist:
1. When creating a study, scroll down to the "Audience" section.
2. Add a new custom screening filter here, and search for "Custom Allowlist".
3. Enter the Prolific IDs of the participants you want to allow to take part in this study.
To generate the "Allowlist", you should ideally obtain the IDs from your Prolific data export or query string rather than manually entered data. Prolific IDs manually recorded in your survey may contain typos, and invalid IDs will be rejected. Click here for instructions on how to download your data export.
ONLY these participants will be able to take part in this study. They will automatically be emailed with an invitation to take part within one hour of the study being published.
In order to add more participants to your allowlist whilst your study is running, simply go to your Submissions page, click the Action menu, then "Add participants to allowlist". The new Prolific IDs that you enter here will be appended to your existing allowlist, so they will become eligible for the study.
Please note: If you want your participants to complete the study at a particular time, please make sure to specify this in your study description, including the time zone(s).