You must fund your studies up-front by adding money to your workspace in advance of running the studies. We then manage the payments to your participants. Please note before you can top up your workspace, you will need to add a legal identity to your workspace.
Methods of adding money
Prolific offer two payment methods- credit/debit card and bank transfer. Unfortunately, we can't accept payments by cheque.
- This is the fastest way to top up your workspace. Funds paid via this method will be added to your balance and available for use instantly.
- You can top up by card directly in the Prolific app from your workspace finance page > ‘Add money’.
- You can also request an invoice, which can then be paid by card from your workspace finance page.
- Prolific uses Braintree, a subsidiary of Paypal, to securely handle credit card information and transactions. We support the following card types: Maestro, Maestro UK, Mastercard, Visa, Paypal & AMEX. Prolific does not have access to your card information.
- Find out more about how to top up via credit/debit card here
- You’ll need to include a unique payment reference every time you want to make a transfer to Prolific. This ensures the funds are correctly matched to your Prolific workspace.
- To top-up by bank transfer, simply let us know the amount you’d like to top up on your workspace finance page > ‘Add money’. We’ll provide all the information you need to make the transfer including the unique payment reference and relevant bank details.
- If your institution is making the bank transfer, we advise requesting an invoice.
- Prolific uses Lloyds Bank, Wise and BlueSnap’s payment network for bank transfers. Please read more about this here.
- Find out more about how to top up via bank transfer here